WPC is also known as Wood Plastic Composite. WPC is a new type of composite material that has flourished in the world in recent years. PVC material is also a composite product. So is there any difference between WPC material and PVC material?
It is made using a mixture of recycled plastics, wood fibers, additives, etc. And then subjected to plastic processing processes. The end result is the production of the different types and colors of composite products we use.
Pros of composite materials
The basis of composite material is high-density polyethylene and wood fiber. Which determines that it has certain characteristics of plastic and wood.
1) Composite material contains plastic and fiber, and it has good processing performance. So it has a similar processing performance to wood.
Composite materials can be sawed, nailed, planned. And can be completed with woodworking tools.
Also, composite materials nail holding force is significantly better than other synthetic materials. The mechanical properties are better than wood materials. The nail holding force is generally 3 times that of wood and 5 times that of particleboard.
2) Composite material has good strength performance. And it has a good elastic modulus.
In addition, it contains fiber and is fully mixed with plastic. It has physical and mechanical properties such as compression resistance and bending resistance equivalent to hardwood.
And its durability is significantly better than ordinary wood materials. The surface hardness is high, generally 2 to 5 times that of wood.
3) Compared with wood, composite products are resistant to strong acid and alkali, water, and corrosion. And it doesn’t multiply bacteria, is not easy to be eaten by insects. The service life is long, up to more than 30 years.
4) It has excellent adjustable performance. Composite materials can be varied according to the proportions of the materials to obtain composite products with different properties. This in turn meets the different needs of different customers and greatly improves the practicality of the composite products.
5) Its greatest advantage is to turn waste into treasure, and it can be 100% recycled and reproduced. Can be decomposed without causing “white pollution”
“It is a truly green and environmentally friendly product.
Pros of PVC
Polyvinyl chloride, abbreviated as PVC in English. It is a vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) in peroxides, azo compounds, and other initiators. The density of pure polyvinyl chloride is 1.4g/cm3. And the density of polyvinyl chloride plastic parts added with plasticizers and fillers is generally 1.15-2.00g/cm3.
1) Rigid PVC has good tensile, flexural, compressive, and impact resistance. And it can be used as a structural material alone.
The softness, elongation at break, and cold resistance of soft PVC will increase. But the brittleness, hardness, and tensile strength will decrease.
2) PVC has good electrical insulation properties, can be used as low-frequency insulation material.
Due to the poor thermal stability of PVC, long-term heating will cause decomposition, and make polyvinyl chloride discolor. So its application range is narrow, and the use temperature is generally between -15 and 55 degrees.
Compare WPC and PVC materials
1) WPC panel installation is simple and convenient, without special complicated construction techniques. Which saves installation time and cost to a great extent.
the installation of PVC panels is very fast, without cement mortar. But the construction foundation requires high.
2) PVC panel is afraid of cigarette butts burns. And also scratches by sharp objects.
WPC panel has good fire resistance and can be effectively flame retardant. The fire rating has reached the B1 level. It can self-extinguish in case of fire and does not produce any toxic gas.
3) PVC panel has good thermal conductivity, uniform heat dissipation. And has a small thermal expansion coefficient, which is relatively stable.
The poor thermal conductor of WPC panel, if the external environment temperature changes greatly. The uneven heating between the surface and the interior will easily cause expansion and contraction deformation, etc.
Therefore when installing composite wall panels, space them 8mm apart.