As an indoor space for work or living, it is also important that the room is soundproofed. Interior wall panels are relatively easy to install. So if you want to install your own partitions, do you understand how to fix sound-absorbing panels to the wall?
There are three general methods of installation for WPC products:
The first type: glue to the wall, either universal glue or structural glue, or fix the fluted panel with clips.
The second type: steel nails hit the wall or cement wall.
The third type: fix the keel on the original wall, and then fix the sound-absorbing board on the keel.
The three methods of construction have advantages and disadvantages. Adhesive construction is fast and the surface is smooth, but it will smell of formaldehyde. And there must be a good ventilation environment after the construction. When the steel nails are directly fixed to the wall, there will be nail holes on the surface, which is unsightly if handled improperly. The sound-absorbing board is fixed to the keel Straight nails can be selected for the upper surface. Which is relatively beautiful but the surface flatness will be affected.
In summary, you can choose a suitable construction method according to the actual situation of the site.
Next, we will carefully introduce the third method of installation for WPC products:
Preliminary preparations for the installation of WPC product panels:
Structural walls should be pre-processed in accordance with the building specifications, and the arrangement of the keel must be compatible with the arrangement of the sound-absorbing panels. The wood keel spacing should be less than 300mm, and the installation of the keel should be perpendicular to the length of the sound-absorbing board.
The distance from the surface of the wooden keel to the base is generally 50mm according to specific requirements; the flatness and perpendicularity error of the edge of the wooden keel should not be greater than 0.5mm. If fillers are needed in the gap between the keels, they should be installed and treated in advance according to the design requirements, and ensure that the installation of the sound-absorbing panels will not be affected.
Fixation of installation of WPC product panels:
The wall covered by wooden sound-absorbing panels must be installed with keels according to the requirements of the design drawings or construction drawings, and the keels must be leveled. The surface of the keel should be flat, smooth, free of rust and deformation.
Sound-absorbing panels product of installation:
1. Fix the keel on the wall with air nails, the distance between the keels is 300mm-350mm
2. In order to better fit the wall, trim the first WPC board with a knife.
3. Fix the first WPC board on the top keel and make sure it is level with the wall
4. Connect the clip to the first panel and fix it on the joist with nails. Make sure the nails are placed vertically. Insert the next panel into the slot of the first panel. as the picture shows:
5. Install the following WPC products in the same way, as shown in the figure:
Note: The installation sequence of wooden sound-absorbing panels follows the principle of left to right and bottom to top. When the sound-absorbing board is installed horizontally, the notch is upward; when it is installed vertically, the notch is on the right side. Some solid wood sound-absorbing panels have requirements for patterns, and each facade should be installed from small to large according to the number pre-programmed on the sound-absorbing panels.
For ceilings or wall panels made of WPC material, the sound absorption mechanism of this structure is thin plate resonance sound absorption. At the resonance frequency, a large amount of sound energy is absorbed due to the violent vibration of the thin plate.
Thin plate resonance absorption mostly has good sound absorption performance at low frequencies:
(1) Large WPC wall panel surface and high flatness
(2) The WPC wall panel has high strength and lightweight
(3) Good sound absorption, fireproof and waterproof, etc.
(4) Easy to install, each board can be disassembled and replaced separately
(5) The size, shape, surface treatment, and color can be customized according to customer needs to meet the individual needs of customers